1. Act No. 271/2005 Coll. on feedstuffs
- prepares national inspection plan and emergency plan,
- carries out the official inspection,
- approves and registers companies producing feedstuffs,
- keeps registry,
- certificates of registration and includes the feedstuffs-producing companies into the registry,
- certificates of professional competence,
- confirmations that feedstuff fulfills the requirements laid down in this Act and relevant legal regulations of the European Communities and that a feedstuff-producing company is registered in the registry,
- works out the evaluation report on evaluation of samples taken within the official inspectin,
- removes feedstuffs-producin companies from the registry.
2. Act No. 597/2006 Coll. on competence of state administration authorities as regards addition of varieties of grown plants to the National List and placing of propagating material of grown plants on market as amended by Act No. 467/2008 Coll.
Activities of the Department of Seeds and Planting Materials within a scope of Act No. 597/2006 Coll.:
- Conducting the Register of suppliers,
- Issuing the certificates of supplier’s professional eligibility,
- Authorizing of professionally eligible physical entity – businessman or corporate entity on operating field inspections, sampling, laboratory testing of propagating material and operating the supervision over the mentioned activities,
- Providing special training and special exams for above mentioned purposes,
- Approving of propagation material of plant varieties registered in National List of Varieties or in the Common Catalogue and in the Common Catalogue of Field Species,
- Operating the check control of the propagation material plant varieties during its producing, processing, packaging and storing,
- Setting down the penalties for breaching of the obligations according the § 5 and 6 and receiving other steps according the § 7,
- Meeting the other tasks established by decrees of the government of Slovak republic issued according the other regulation.
3. Act No. 184/2006 Coll. on the cultivation of genetically modified crops in agricultural production as amended by Act No. 78/2008 Coll.
Activities of the Department of Seeds and Planting Materials within a scope of Act No. 184/2006 Coll.:
- Setting down the rights and duties for physical and legal entities during the cultivation of genetically modified crops,
- Setting down the duty for producers to notify cultivation of the genetically modified plants,
- Conducting the registration of crops where the genetically modified plants are handled,
- Setting down the conditions with genetically modified crops handling, their propagation material and genetically modified crops production,
- Setting down the plant protection steps for plants cultivation in coexistence with conventional farming and organic farming; setting down the prevent steps to remedy the presence of unwanted genetically modified organisms,
- Setting down the monitoring operating by official body and control measures oriented on fulfilling the provisions of this Act.,
- Setting down the competences of official body in scope of modified crops,
- Setting down the penalties for breaching of the obligations under this Act.
4. Act No. 136/2000 Coll. on fertilizers as amended by the Act No. 555/2004 Coll.
- issues certificates for fertilizers,
- issues decisions to annual the certificates,
- works out binding evaluation reports to fertilization projects,
- issues on the grounds of results of inspection:
- evaluation reporta on reduced quality of a fertilizer,
- decisions to ban the production, placing on the market, use or disposal of fertilizer,
- decisions on a regulative measure.
5. Act No. 189/2009 Coll. on organic production.
- plays the role of state administration in frame of organic production
- perform registration of organic operators and control bodies
- imposes sactions imposed upon infringements of obligations stated in the Act. The sanctions revenue shall constitute income into the State budget.
- is the competent authority for organic production according to EU regulations1) ,
- manages and updates the register of
- control bodies,
- issues authorisation to control bodies for control performance in organic production (hereinafter referred to as “control”),
- performs supervision upon the activities of control bodies,
- registers operators and keeps updated register,
- issues import permission for products from organic production according to EU regulations1) ,
- notifies and cooperates with relevant authorities of the European Union and with the competent authorities of the Member States of the European Union and with the control bodies/ control authorities of Member States and other countries,
- imposes sanctions in case of non-compliance with the obligations stipulated in the Act and in the EU regulations for organic production1).
1) EU Regulation (EC) No.882/2004 on official food and feed controls, EU Regulation (EC) No.. 834/2007 as amended lately
6. Act No. 405/2011 Col. on plant health care and about the change of Act. No 145/1995 Col. about administrative fees as amended by regulations.
- issues certificate about the registration of producers and importers
- decides about:
- authorization of plant protection products (PPP)
- issuing of permission for parallel trade
- issuing of permission for application of plant PPP for the purposes of research and development
- repacking of PPP
- issues phytocertificates, plant passports, replacement plant passports and issues the authorization for issuing of plant passports
- detects and keep records of the occurrence of harmful organisms and harmful factors, including invasive species
- performs the signalisation of treatment against harmful organisms
- submits to ministry the measures for prevention of occurrence and spreading of harmful organisms
- accepts the requests for evaluation of active ingredients, safeners, synergents, adjuvants or basic matters, PPP; coordinates the process of their evaluation and issues of decisions
- elaborates expert opinions and evaluation reports for the sphere of identity and physico- chemical properties, analytical methods and biological efficacy
- keep a list of authorized and allowed PPP and list of minority uses
- stores information and provide the information about PPP
- performs official inspections of PPP
- is a reference laboratory for chemical laboratory testing of PPP
- performs testing of biological efficacy of PPP according the principles of good experimental practice
- participates on elaborating of national action plan in the sphere of PPP
- decides about the permissions for aerial application of PPP and performs the inspections of aerial applications.
7. Act No. 313/2009 Coll. on Viticulture and Oenology
- issues certificates of wine classification and wine testing, and assigns state check number to quality wines from a recognized wine-making region, quality wines with a special attribute and Tokay wines,
- issues a vineyard registration number, registers vineyards and keeps a vineyard registry.